5 Things You Should Never Sacrifice To Make Your Relationship Work
Being in a relationship should be an advantage.
However there are things you should never sacrifice for a relationship,here are some of them:
1. Freedom. If you constantly have to check in with your partner or feel guilty about going somewhere with friends or family, this shows that your significant other lacks confidence in him or herself. Possessive behavior almost always points to an extreme internal insecurity, often from unhealed childhood wounds, such as abandonment or neglectful parents. Even though this person deserves love and kindness, you need to cut ties with the person to allow them to heal on their own. Controlling behavior suggests that the person does not feel comfortable with him or herself, and this definitely needs to be worked out before he or she commits to any long-term relationships.
2. Yourself. Never change yourself for someone else; the right person will love you for nothing less than your full, authentic self. Also, the right person would never want you to change, because they truly enjoy your genuine essence, without you having to change a thing. Granted, relationships all require small compromises, like maybe eating at a restaurant your partner wants to try instead of the one you really wanted to go to, but you shouldn’t have to alter your personality or beliefs for someone else. Be yourself unapologetically, and if your partner can’t accept you, you need to go for someone who will.
3. Happiness. If someone doesn’t enhance your life and add to your joy, then what purpose do they serve in your life? Bottom line: if your partner drags you down and makes you feel crappy about yourself and life, then it’s time to call quits on the relationship. You need someone who will match your vibration and bring vibrant energy into your life, not someone who leeches the energy from your life. Of course he or she won’t always feel completely blissful, but if they can’t seem to find happiness on their own or offer it to you at all, then let them go…they need to focus on inner healing, not a relationship.
4. Your dreams. An ideal partnership consists of two people on the same mission, supporting each other every step of the way. Or, just two people who have different dreams, but still encourage and cheer each other on. If you don’t have someone on the same path as you, or even someone who has your back, don’t hesitate to leave the relationship. What you want out of life makes up a large portion of who you are, and you don’t need someone who dismisses or bashes your goals.
5. Inner peace. Your guy or girl should make you feel a deep sense of calm that makes you forget about the chaos around you. If they make you anxious, nervous, or angry a majority of the time, they will only weaken your own vibration and cause you to become vulnerable to negative energy. Your partner should have peace within him or herself, and reflect it onto you as well